Acacia melanoxylon- Australian Blackwood
- Hardy evergreen shade tree that produces masses of pale yellow flowers in clusters adding great colour in the winter months
- Wood and fibre used for fishing lines, spear throwers, shields, throwing sticks, bark infusion for rheumatic joints by indigenous peoples. Seed were ground and eaten
- Attracts birds, native butterflies and insects, caterpillar plant food
- Full sun, part shade
- Moist well-drained rich soil with lots of organic matter.
- Late winter to early spring