Billardia scandens- Apple Berry
- Native climber or groundcover plant. Tough and adapatable can survive in a range of conditions. Works well as a dense groundcover for landscape use and can be successfully grown in containers or hanging baskerts. Clusters of bell shaped pink and white flowers attract native birds
- Attractive edible berries produced in Summer are eaten raw when fully ripened, or roasted if still green.
- Food source for bees, nectar eating birds, seed eating birds, butterflies, other insects,
- Sunny, light shade, half shade, heavy shade
- Sandy, clay, loamy, sandy loam, clay loam, saline, poor soil
- Spring and all year